4 iun. 2013

What Keeps the Human Machine going

Have you noticed how all media players turn themselves off once out of your attention. If you don't push any buttons the computer, the tv or even the phone turns to standby mode without voicing anything. I don't mind it, but  I realised that people seem to behave more in the same direction which I believe it's not exactly healthy. We, as humans, begin to expect less from the people we interact with: turn off the conversation as soon as we are bored with it, we don't say hello or good bye because we get straight to the point or ignore the simple salute of a neighbour. And I realised this as I felt one day I was missing a message from something that was speaking a few hours ago and now the house was in complete quietness. It's a bit scary to think of it this way. However, the tv was on a few hours ago and as I ignored it for a couple of hours, it turned itself off without letting me know. And I realised the simple good bye interaction would make me feel a little bit cared for. I am afraid to admit that the human interaction is what keeps us going. It's not the house, not the land and the objects we possess, but the pure human interaction. That is how we all know we are cared for somehow. That is how we learn to deal with our fears, our hopes and dreams. We need to hear a voice gently speaking to us, crying or screaming from time to time. And this is a little bit the usual we take for granted or suggest we don't need in favour for the technology we use. No matter how boring or how exciting a conversation turns out to be, we love the simple chattering which makes our brains function better than just auditioning some electronic show made for perishability. In a comic way I can say the oil that makes the human machine work is the human interaction in all its joy, boredom or sadness.












Niciun comentariu: