3 iun. 2013

Our Four Wheel Opulence


Dear drivers,
have you wondered how often you actually use the whole car you are driving? I did. 
Quite often I realise the small car I drive around the city alone is too big for my real city needs. If you come to think about it you couldn't reduce your life in the city to bike or motorcycle, but think about a two seat car where you could also accommodate the suit or the backpack or even a friend you want to take with you. So, I realised the two seated cars are very good for the city. 
Still, I see around the city small 4 seat cars which are too small for 4 people, but yet the producers don't adapt these cars to 2 seated, smaller fuel consumption and smaller CO2 emissions. Please, think about it and tell yourself honestly how many times did you get out of the city with your small car? I did only few times, but the truth is I did it more for the car than for the real need to get out with my small car. And I must say I got a kei car to reduce emissions and to keep a small parking space occupied. I am happy with my choice still, I have not often used the rest of the 2 seats my car has.
And there is always the other car: the one you dream of. Yes, I admit, I dream to drive an SUV. I love the SUVs. The reason: I am small in height, I love to see the world from a top view, I feel safer in a taller car. However, thinking about it twice, I admit, I cannot find a real reason for it. I would drive it around the city in a high CO2 emission, I would pay bigger insurance and tax, I couldn't find a parking space quite often and I would use an unnecessary space in the city with my "tank". I would love it when going around the country. Still, my vacation lasts 21 days per year. And that is why I get to use a big space for 21 days out of the 365 of a year. I don't want to turn this into percentage, but I believe the figures are quite relevant. Do you believe this is worth it?
I know what you are about to say. I grew up with the same American movies and I loved the opulence, the grandeur of their SUVs. However, we are going through economical crises and this is why it is simply stupid to keep up large buildings as homes when you are living on your own, to drive a huge car which takes up space and to be opulent when all the others are squeezing to live. Let's consider twice if it's really worth driving a big car in a crowded metropolis rather than having the humble look and redefine city life.
Please think about it twice when making the choice for your car!

Niciun comentariu: